Monday, May 21, 2018

The Woman in the Water (Charles Lenox Mysteries #0)

This was an interesting review for me.  I wrote it a few months ago, but it was the first time I have ever gotten "bad" comments on one of my reviews.  Apparently the fans of the Charles Lenox mystery series took offense that I did not like the book! But they all did it in a terrible polite yet frostily disdainful condescending manner.  Oops... Sorry, y'all.  Everyone has a right to their own opinion!

The Woman in the Water (Charles Lenox Mysteries, #0)The Woman in the Water by Charles Finch
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had a very difficult time getting through this book. I have not ready any other books in the series, but I assumed, since it was about Lenox's first case, it would be a good place to jump in. I was wrong. There was too much about Lenox and his personal life and not nearly enough about the mystery. Perhaps fans of the series will enjoy reading about Lenox's housekeeper and her cats, or Lenox's father, or his friend Elizabeth, but I did not. I would not recommend this book.


View all my reviews

No comments: