Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Somnambulist and the Psychic Thief (The Curious Affair of #1)

The Somnambulist and the Psychic Thief (The Curious Affair Of, #1)The Somnambulist and the Psychic Thief by Lisa Tuttle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received an advanced copy of this book from Netgalley.
This book had an interesting plot and I was excited about the premise. The character development left a lot to be desired, however. While the storyline kept me engaged, I found it hard to really identify with the characters because the author seemed to skip over how their relationships developed and evolved. We were introduced to the heroine as she first met the hero, and then jumped ahead several months. This made me feel as though I was being "told" all about how they worked with and related to each other instead of "shown." If more personal moments between the two characters were shared I feel as though this book would have been much better. As it was, it came across as very impersonal. I needed more development of and between the characters. That would have made the solving of the mystery much more impactful. I felt as though I was reading case notes and not a novel.


View all my reviews

No comments: