Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Sixth Day (A Brit in the FBI #5)

The Sixth Day (A Brit in the FBI, #5)The Sixth Day by Catherine Coulter
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The description made this sound like a very interesting book--spies, intrigue, ancient texts, even Dracula--but I had a very hard time getting through it. Perhaps all the threads didn't weave together well enough for me. There was a large team of operatives and I didn't feel engaged in their group dynamic. There was the back story of two twins from Romania, who were Dracula's brothers, along with several chapters from various time periods. There was the story line of two modern-day Romanian twins and the struggle to keep the weaker one from death. And then there was the main conflict: a drone army built by a billionaire computer genius. Maybe if so many different things were not going on and the authors really focused on more vital plot lines, this book would have been more engaging to me. As it was it took me over a week to read it, and I really contemplated not finishing it several times.
For fans of the series, I am sure they won't mind the faults in the book and will enjoy it. I would not recommend it to a new-comer, however


View all my reviews

No comments: