Monday, May 14, 2018

Daughters of the Storm

I was pretty excited to read this book, and a lot of people like it. I just could not get into it, however, and found myself skimming and not really caring about the characters or what happened to them. I was disappointed. Many people have disagreed with me, however!

There was just too much going on in this book for me to enjoy it. Reading the story from at least 6 points of view just made everything cluttered and made me feel as though I knew a little bit about a lot of the characters, instead of really getting to know and feel connected to at least one character. Not being able feel that connection with anyone in the book made it at best confusing and at worst uninteresting. I feel as thought the author should have stuck with telling her story from the point of view of just one of the sisters, or done just a third person omniscient POV all the way through, instead of jumping from perspective to perspective. I am sure the sisters and those around them had an important journey to complete, but I just found myself not caring. I would not recommend this book.


35457253

No comments: