Thursday, May 24, 2018

Everless (Everless #1)

Everless (Everless, #1)Everless by Sara  Holland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really really enjoyed this book. It was so original and Jules was a great character. The author created a fascinating world in which time was literally money.
It was very easy to get drawn into Sempera and the picture painted by the author made everything so realistic, from the cold dreary streets of the village to the gardens of Everless. I had a very hard time putting the book down and stayed up much too late reading.
The character development was very good, and at no point did I feel like I was being told about Jules instead of shown. Everything unfolded organically and Jules became a worthy heroine. I also enjoyed her interactions with the other characters, which were well done and also highlighted Jules isolated and lonely existence. But I do wish a little more had been done with the "bad" brother. This is one area where we are told what to feel instead of shown, so that area felt like something was missing. A few more interactions between those two characters would have been amazing and really set up things for the next book.
There were some twists and turns, some of which I saw coming, and some really surprised me, which I enjoyed. The book ends on a bit of a cliffhanger, but that only made me even more ready to what happens next.
Overall I think this was a great book. I would definitely recommend it and cannot wait for the next book.


View all my reviews

No comments: