Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Prince (Devils's Duke #4)

The Prince (Devil's Duke, #4)The Prince by Katharine Ashe
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This book was just not for me. I feel as though the author's attempts to cast the hero as "angst-y" and the heroine as possibly having Asperger's Syndrome or something similar just did not come off believable. To me, the hero just seemed grouchy all the time, and the heroine seemed robotic and not relatable. I felt like I was being told that the hero had issues because of a dark past, and that the heroine felt like an outsider because she was smart and not good at dealing with people--I needed to be shown.
But my biggest problem with the book was the extremely flimsy premise that Libby's only option for medical school involved the moving into Ziyaeddin's home. That made no sense to me and seemed completely unnecessary. I can understand that the author wanted them in close proximity, but I think a better reason could have been found. Not to mention the fact that Libby had friends/family who knew she was living with a man she wasn't married to and didn't do anything to stop her.
I did not enjoy this book, and would not recommend it.


View all my reviews

No comments: