Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Beast Is an Animal

The Beast Is an AnimalThe Beast Is an Animal by Peternelle van Arsdale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and read it in one sitting. It was an atmospheric fairy tale that kept me entranced from the first page until the last. Alys is a strong heroine worth rooting for, and the reader gets to follow her journey from a young child, through many challenges and ordeals, into womanhood. The author creates a world full of superstition, suppression, fear, and magic, that is at the same time both ethereal and earthy. This was a captivating and compelling book about coming to terms with one's true self, the dangers of giving in to fear and hate, and the ease with which misunderstandings, ignorance, and close-mindedness can lead to disaster. I would highly recommend this book.


View all my reviews

No comments: