Monday, May 14, 2018

Destined for a King

Not a fan of this one at all. In fact, I can't even remember if I finished it or not!

Destined for a King (The Bastard Brotherhood, #1)Destined for a King by Ashlyn Macnamara
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I did not enjoy this book, although I tried really hard to give it a chance. My biggest problem with it was the language. The narration, the way the characters spoke, the syntax...it all just sounded like a mixture of an old 80s sword and sorcery movie with a little Yoda thrown in. It was as if the author was trying to make it sound formal, slightly otherworldly, and a bit ancient. But is just came off as awkward and off-putting.
I also couldn't really get into the relationship between the hero and the heroine. There was not much development of their romance, other than her taking care of him while he was sick and his belief that his magic stone made them destined for each other.
I had a very hard time getting in to this book.


View all my reviews

No comments: