Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)

The Last Namsara (Iskari, #1)The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. It had lots of action, an interesting plot, great world-building, and good characters. The world and mythology that the author created really drew me in, and I had a very hard time putting down the book.
The story was original and well-thought-out. The author did a great job describing the characters and the world they lived in. The conflict was believable.
My only issue with the book was in the fact that Asha believed Torwin was so unworthy of her attention and notice because he was a slave. So as a reader, I saw Torwin's feelings grow and develop, but not Asha's. And then all of a sudden Asha's feelings smacked her over the head, so to speak, and then she realized not only that Torwin was a human who deserved to be treated fairly, but that she also truly loved him. I really would have liked to have had Asha overcome her attitude towards Torwin's slave-status sooner so I could have watched her feelings toward him evolve. That would have really made this book awesome in my opinion, instead of just great.
I appreciated how the book ended with most of the issues wrapped up, so I felt satisfied as a reader. Yet there were just enough loose-ends or questions to make me want to go farther on this journey with Asha.
I would recommend this book and look forward to reading book two.


View all my reviews

No comments: