Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A Conspiracy in Belgravia (Lady Sherlock #2)

A Conspiracy in Belgravia (Lady Sherlock, #2)A Conspiracy in Belgravia by Sherry Thomas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book. The mystery unfolded slowly and deliberately, just like in the first book of the series. Charlotte is a very interesting character, and it is intriguing to read about her, and all of her friends and associates. The evolution of "Sherlock Holmes" builds quite nicely.
I would definitely recommend reading the first book before this one, even immediately before this one. The way the author backhandedly drops little clues and takes her time revealing information would be almost impossible to follow without reading reading book one first; I even had a hard time remembering details, characters, and events because I read the first book several months ago. This "mysteriousness" on the part of the author may frustrate some readers--it was hard to keep up with all the Moriarty subplot--but it does fall in line with the world the author is trying to create, as well as the nature of Charlotte.
I would recommend this book to anyone looking for an interesting mystery, fans of Sherlock Holmes, fans of Victorian London, or those who enjoy a strong female heroine who refuses to conform. But I would caution reading the first book in the series before tackling A Conspiracy in Belgravia.


View all my reviews

No comments: