Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch #1)

A lot of people love this book and this series... It just wasn't for me, though.

The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1)The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a good book, but it was very easy for me to put down, and then hard for me to pick back up again. It did not draw me in, and I had a hard time getting through it. I am not sure why. The characters were well described and their motives were believable. The setting was not hard to imagine. It just seemed as though there was something missing, and whatever it was, made me not too concerned with staying up late reading the next chapter. Perhaps it was because the differences between present Tea and future Tea were so large. It made me feel as though something truly terrible must happen to her to cause such disillusionment, cynicism, and hardness., and I didn't want to read about whatever that terrible thing must be.
The world building was very good, I enjoyed the characters, and the story moved in an interesting fashion. But I just had a very hard time connecting with the book.


View all my reviews

No comments: