Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke #1)

The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was a frustrating book. I found the beginning 1/4 to 1/3 to be very unbelievable--a woman hastily agrees to marry a stranger and has very few qualms about it? I had a hard time with that. But the middle portion of the book was quite good, and had everything I could ask for in a romance novel (despite the addition of some random "friends" who lived across the square. That whole bit felt tacked on and did not help the story along at all). But I did enjoy reading about a strong heroine and hero who can come together & make their marriage work and find love. Then the last several chapters disappointed me again. I did not understand why there were still obstacles to overcome, or even why those things were "obstacles" to begin with. I am not sure if I would recommend this book, due to the unbelievable beginning and confusing ending.


View all my reviews

No comments: