Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Great Hunt (Eurona Duology #1)

I really liked this book but have not had the chance to read the conclusion yet.

The Great Hunt (Eurona Duology, #1)The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. It was a great mix between fantasy and adventure, and had wonderful characters. The hero and heroine would appeal to readers, and the world building was very good.
The conflicts in the plot were well-thought-out, and kept me guessing the whole time. I did figure out one slightly major plot-point early on, but it did not take away from my enjoyment of the book, or make the problems that resulted seem any less meaningful for the characters.
The characterization was very good, and I enjoyed the fact that the reader was able to see from several different characters' points of view. The hero was relatable and his inner conflicts seemed believable. The heroine was quite strong in her own right, and just one of many strong female characters.
Up until the very end I was not sure how everything would turn out, and the author did a good job of building suspense and keeping the reader guessing. I was definitely left wanting more. I am waiting eagerly for the next installment.


View all my reviews

No comments: