Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Season

The SeasonThe Season by Sarah MacLean
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Not a great example of a Regency Romance. I've read plenty of "PG" regencies in my time, and this one cannot hold a candle. And my biggest problem with it is not the shallow cliched characters, the predictable plot, or the lack of development. I could not get over all of the historical inaccuracies. I was not even halfway through before I counted at least 5 pretty serious things that were just plain wrong, including the main character being thought beautiful for her bronzed skin (why do you think everyone wore hats--to keep their skin as pale as possible and kept freckles from developing!) and the wearing of a deep emerald-colored dress to her debut at Almacks (debutantes wore pale pastels). After one character suggested that three people play whist while they were picnicking in Hyde park I decided I was done.


View all my reviews

No comments: