Thursday, May 24, 2018

Tess of the Road

Tess of the RoadTess of the Road by Rachel Hartman
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have never read the Seraphina books and so thought this would be a good place to jump into this world. Although Tess's story was interesting, I felt as though my unfamiliarity with the previous books led to me missing some of what was going on in the story. It was almost as though there was subplot going on that I should have picked up on but didn't or couldn't because I did not know Seraphina's background, or that of her family.
Tess seemed, in the begging, a very sad character. She did gain confidence in herself throughout her journey.
If I had read the other books first perhaps I would have enjoyed this story more. But I would not recommend this book, especially to anyone not already familiar with the world of Seraphina.


View all my reviews

No comments: