Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Shadow Magic

Shadow Magic  (Shadow Magic, #1)Shadow Magic by Joshua Khan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. It had adventure, danger, friendship, creepiness and just the right touch of romance for young readers. Both the hero and heroine were strong characters, and their growth from the beginning to the end of the book was believable and satisfying. The secondary characters, including a huge bat (!), also added to the story. The world that the author created was vivid and easily imagined, and the slight creepiness made me think that a cool fall evening would be the perfect time to read this book. The reader is kept guessing about who the true villain could be, and the plot moves along quite nicely. Everything is tied up very well in the end, but I certainly wouldn't mind returning to this land in future books and seeing what other adventures the characters might have. This was a great read, and I would definitely recommend it to others. I think it would be a great addition to any elementary and middle school library.


View all my reviews

No comments: