Thursday, May 24, 2018

License to Quill

Not a fan of this one. I have been approved to read The Spy of Venice on Edelweiss, and it sounds like a similar premise as this book. But I am hoping I enjoy the new one better...

License to QuillLicense to Quill by Jacopo della Quercia
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had a really hard time getting into this book. I started and stopped a couple of times. Not only did it jump back and forth in time, but in many instances information about characters or situations was just referred to, or hinted at. This left me feeling as though I was missing something, did not have important information, or should know something that I did not as I was reading the book. This kept me from really getting into the book. The idea was fun, and the attempts to turn well known people like Marlowe and Shakespeare into James Bond-like operatives was very fresh. I did enjoy all of the homages to 007. But I could not every quite figure out what this book was trying to do.


View all my reviews

No comments: