Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Secrets of Wishtide

The Secrets of WishtideThe Secrets of Wishtide by Kate Saunders
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book. It was very pleasant to follow along with the heroine's journey as she solved the mysteries of Wishtide. I do wish that the author spent a little more time developing Mrs. Rodd's character, however. The reader is told, by first-person narration, about Mrs. Rodd's living situation, how she came to by solving mysteries, and about her past. But I would rather have had some of this information revealed more organically. Even though I had quite a bit of information about Mrs. Rodd, I still didn't feel as though I knew her. That disappointed me. The story and the mystery unfolded very easily, though, and this was a very cozy read. It was not an amazing or mind-blowing book, but it was a good read.


View all my reviews

No comments: