Thursday, May 24, 2018

An Enchantment of Ravens

An Enchantment of RavensAn Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret  Rogerson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I enjoyed reading this book quite a bit. The descriptions, the characters, and the story itself drew me in and I had a very hard time putting the book down. I loved the way the author used folk tales and old beliefs to weave a very interesting story. Isobel is a strong character who's motivations are believable. And Rook was just the right mix of exasperating, mischievous, and formidable. The journey they both went on was intriguing and I stayed up way too late reading this book. I really loved the way the author transported the reader to the land of the Fair Folk. Everything from the beauty of the Autumn Court to the decay of the Summer Court was brilliantly described. I also appreciated how the ending left the reader satisfied yet also left things open for more adventures. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone interested in fairy tales, old customs, YA, fantasy, and/or romance.


View all my reviews

No comments: