Monday, May 14, 2018

My Lady's Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel

This was a fun book! I received a print copy of the ARC, which was cool.

This was a fun tongue-in-cheek mash-up of "Choose Your Own Adventure" and typical Regency Romance. I went in expecting it to be a little more serious and slightly involved read, but when I found it was light, funny, and didn't take itself too seriously, I did not mind one bit. The author was able to poke fun at Regency tropes without poking fun at the readers who enjoy them. Most of the plot points I could see coming a mile away, but then that also happens in most of the historical romances that I typically read. And the author seemed to know that, as well, and treated it almost as a shared inside joke--the kind that you share with old friends, never gets old, and you want to come back to again and again. There were silly parts, laugh-out-loud parts, and parts that made you want to turn to the next page to continue your adventure.
It's hard to say I "finished" this book, because I definitely want to go back and see what would happen if I chose the Jamie Fraser-type hero instead of the Mr. Darcy-type hero, but I think that is part of the fun--you can always change your "fate." It was a quick, easy, fun book. I would recommend it to any fan of Historical Romances, especially Regencies, who loves the genre but also knows how to not take it too seriously.


36054958

No comments: