Thursday, May 24, 2018

Roar (Stormheart #1)

I love, love, loved this book. I read it last summer just after school was out, in about 3 sittings! I cannot wait to read book two.

Roar (Stormheart, #1)Roar by Cora Carmack
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved this book. I could not put it down and did not want it to be over. From adventure to great characters to an amazing fantasy world to captivating romance, this book had it all.
The story moved along well from Aurora living a sheltered life as a princess with a big secret to keep to her journey to find herself and hopefully save her kingdom. The people she met along the way rounded out the story and added depth to the story.
The world created by the author was well-formed enough to follow along without spending too much time explaining arcane details. The reader was able to follow along very easily and not feel lost or confused.
The relationship between Roar and Locke was so romantic. It moved developed at a great pace and the reader really got to see their feelings grow and deepen. Locke and Roar were sweet and yet had a lot of chemistry, which definitely made them worth rooting for.
I loved the reveals at the end of the book, which explained several things about the story, but also left me ready for the next installment.
The only weaknesses I found in the book were the secondary characters of Nova and Sly. Nova was not very well-developed before we were supposed to be relating to her problems, so I had a hard time identifying with her. Sly was also not well-developed--all we really knew about her was that she did not like or trust Roar. I felt as thought I needed a little more from her.
Overall, this was an amazing book, and I could read it over and over. I would definitely recommend to anyone interested in YA, adventure, fantasy, or romance.


View all my reviews

No comments: