Thursday, May 24, 2018

Dream Magic (Shadow Magic #2)

I like this series. I had a student who enjoyed these books (even though he didn't seem like the type to want to read a YA fantasy!) and I remember when book 2 came out I asked him if he would like to read it. I told him I would order it if he'd read it--and he did!

Dream Magic (Shadow Magic, #2)Dream Magic by Joshua Khan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the second installment in the Shadow Magic series. The characters continued on journeys that seemed organic and true, and the plot was different and exciting. This was a great book.
In the beginning, I did have a little bit of trouble getting going while reading, because it seemed like there were a bunch of different things just going on and happening to Lilly and Thorn, and nothing really seemed related. I felt like I was still waiting for the story to really get started and I was already 1/3 of the way into the book. Then everything snapped into place, and I was like, "Oh!" I also liked that, while part of the mystery of the book took a while to solve, once important clues were revealed, Lilly and Thorn figured it out immediately.
I really did enjoy reading this book, and would recommend it to others, from late elementary all the way up. The adventure, mystery, magic, and friendship in this story make it a wonderful read.


View all my reviews

No comments: