Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Let Me Lie

Let Me LieLet Me Lie by Clare Mackintosh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading "I Let You Go," I was very interested in reading this book, and knew that it would have some surprises. As I read I kept looking for hints to the "twist" that I knew was coming, and even had a few guesses at to what was unfolding. But the author surprised me with what was actually happening with the characters, and it really added to my enjoyment of the book. I went back and reread the first half of the book in a whole new way.
Anna's attempts at reclaiming her life after the tragedies of her parents' deaths was relatable and believable, and as she sought to uncover the mystery behind the cryptic messages she received the author did a good job of creating a mood of uneasiness. The ending was great.
The various points-of-view used in the story were effective and helped the story along. I had a hard time putting the book down and stayed up much to late reading.
I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a suspenseful read.


View all my reviews

No comments: