Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A Treacherous Curse (Veronica Speedwell #3)

A Treacherous Curse (Veronica Speedwell, #3)A Treacherous Curse by Deanna Raybourn
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is the second book in this series I have read and I feel the same about it as I do the previous book. I really needed more character development. This mystery that our two amateur detectives are forced to solve involves some heavy emotional baggage. My problem was that Stoker was supposed to be feeling all of these intense feelings, but they never really came through. I felt as though Speedwell was telling us how Stoker was dealing with all of his issues, instead of the author showing us what Stoker was going through.
The mystery was okay. I found myself not really caring either way by the end of the book.
More organic character development would really help this series quite a bit.
I was not very impressed and would not recommend this book. I will not be reading another in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments: