Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Jane Steele

Jane SteeleJane Steele by Lyndsay Faye
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a very interesting book, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Jane was an intriguing character, and it was enlightening to follow her through her childhood and as an adult. Although including what could be considered "background information" could become boring, the early chapters definitely kept my interest, and helped uncover Jane's motivations for her actions as she grew into adulthood.
Jane was unapologetic about herself, which somehow managed to endear her to me. After finishing the book (which included staying up too late several nights) I realized that many of Jane's actions should have been horrifying. But the author was able to convey Jane, her motivations, and her reasoning so well, that Jane's behavior seemed very organic.
I really enjoyed this book, and would recommend it.


View all my reviews

No comments: