Monday, June 17, 2024

Review: You, with a View

You, with a View You, with a View by Jessica Joyce
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book. It is told entirely from Noelle's point of view, as she is reeling from the death of her beloved grandmother and desperately trying to find her footing after losing her job and having to move back in with her parents. She finds herself on a roadtrip with Paul, her late grandmother's first love, and his grandson Theo, who also happens to be her high school nemesis. Noelle must find a way to endure Theo's company, discover the secrets of her grandmother's past, and rediscover who she is.
Noelle was very relatable and the descriptions of the scenery in the book were very well done. I liked the relationship between Theo and Noelle and the way it grew and developed. I feel like they really depended upon each other in high school a lot more than they realized. I had a little trouble with the big inevitable fight at the end--I really thought that Noelle was being a bit harsh and hypocritical. But she soon realized she was acting that way, so that definitely helped.
I would recommend this book if you enjoy contemporary romance and will probably read another book by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments: