Monday, June 17, 2024

Review: The Library of Shadows

The Library of Shadows The Library of Shadows by Rachel Moore
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
This is a "cute" YA book about a girl attending the boarding school that her father mysteriously left when he was a junior. It also happens to be the 3rd most haunted school in America. She meets a cute ghost-boy and the have to solve a mystery. That's pretty much it. The writing was very atmospheric but also very surface-level. It felt less of YA and more middle-grade. I tried really hard to remember that I am not the target audience for this book, but I just could not finish it. The writing felt like every middle-school girl's idea of a spooky teenaged romance, with very little meat or depth behind the characters, their actions, or the plot. I did not finish it. But if you are a young girl who loves spooky season, this may be the book for you.

View all my reviews

No comments: