Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Review: Beautiful Ugly

Beautiful Ugly Beautiful Ugly by Alice Feeney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
Alice Feeney has never disappointed me! I am rounding up a bit, but this was another great book. A has-been writer heads to a remote Scottish island one year after his wife disappears in hopes to finally move on and finally begin writing again. But the island definitely is holding secrets.
I knew there would be some big twists, so I was looking for them, but was still a bit surprised by a few of them. Feeney did a wonderful job of creating an atmosphere of almost horror-like creepiness with several scenes that will certainly get your heart beating a little faster! I was completely transported to this creepy island, and the air of tension and suspense was well-done. I will say that the ending/reveal felt a bit too "perfect" and maybe rushed, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the book, and the epilogue was spot on, especially with the little "Easter egg" or clue right at the end!
I would absolutely recommend this book and eagerly await the next one from Alice Feeney!

View all my reviews

No comments: