Monday, June 17, 2024

Review: A Stolen Child

A Stolen Child A Stolen Child by Sarah Stewart Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
This is the third book that I have read in this series. I absolutely loved the first book, skipped the second, and then was more than a little bit disappointed when I read the third. This book, the fourth in the series, is good, but it didn't blow me away. This story details Maggie as she becomes a member of the guard and works the case of a dead young woman and her missing child.
All of the books I have read in the series are a bit slow-moving, but the first really had an atmosphere of urgency, desperation, and ever-so-slight otherworldliness that really drew me in. The subsequent books have been missing that for me, and perhaps that's just my own personal preference. I think I like a little more action in my books, and I didn't get that here. I had no problem putting the book down, and when I picked it back up, it took me a bit to get "lost" in the story again.
If you like slow-burn police procedurals, this is probably the book for you. If you like more suspense/thriller type books, I would skip this series. I am not sure if I will read the next installment or not.

View all my reviews

No comments: