Monday, June 17, 2024

Review: First Lie Wins

First Lie Wins First Lie Wins by Ashley Elston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Absolutely loved this thriller about a con woman who begins to realize her mysterious boss may be trying to sabotage her on her latest job. Evie Porter was a great character: morally gray but with a massive amount of rooting value--as the reader, I wanted her to succeed! The plot unfolded impeccably; small bits of the the truth were revealed while the reader learned more about who "Evie" really was and how she ended up attempting to con her "boyfriend" Ryan when her boss seemingly pulled the rug out from under her. I never knew what was going to happen next, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ride--the pacing was spot-on and all of the plot points felt believable while still surprising. I did not want the book to end, even though I could not wait to see if Evie would be able to pull off her scheme and outwit Mr. Smith. I could totally see this as a movie! I would highly recommend this book, and will read more by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments: