Monday, June 17, 2024

Review: Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun

Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun by Elle Cosimano
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book more than I was expecting to. I was slightly disappointed with the second book in the series, and so I wasn't sure how much I would like it, but I really wanted to know how things would go with Finlay and Vero, so I gave it a chance. I am glad that I did.
Although Finlay and Vero jump headlong into some crazy situations that require a slight suspension of belief (and that they could probably avoid if they would just take a second to think, "Is this really a good idea? Is there an alternative that would make more sense?!"), this is still a fun quick read. I enjoyed the setting of the Citizens' Police Academy and the fact that we as readers finally got to spend more time with Nick.
If you have enjoyed the previous installments of this series, I would definitely check this book out. HOWEVER, I will say that if you haven't read the first two books, you will be completely lost if you jump in here. Read the series in order.

View all my reviews

No comments: