Monday, June 17, 2024

Review: Beowulf

Beowulf Beowulf by Gareth Hinds
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I think this is a good graphic novel adaptation of the epic poem Beowulf. However, I am only giving 3 stars because I think there are many aspects of this book that will only be completely understood or appreciated by those who are already familiar with the original poem. Readers new to the poem or those who had a hard time reading or understanding it will most likely miss the symbolism and nuances in this adaptation, and therefore not grasp many of the themes and important facets and details of poem. (As someone who has read the poem multiple times and has an understanding of the background and importance of BeowulfBeowulf, I did enjoy this graphic novel, however).

View all my reviews

No comments: