Monday, June 17, 2024

Review: The Sanctuary

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary by Katrine Engberg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this last installment of the Korner and Werner series from Katrine Engberg. This book included a gripping mystery and the journeys of all the characters we have come to love. I felt along with Esther as she tried to recenter herself on the island of Bornholm, where Jeppe was also trying to find himself again. And as always the author did a great job of twisting the stories of Esther (and Jeppe) into the crime that Anette was trying to solve. The themes of loneliness and isolation played a big part in the story, as well as family--both blood and those we chose to love and be close to. The mystery solved very well, and they journeys of our characters were brought to an extremely satisfying end (I may have gotten a bit teary!). I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who has enjoyed this series and these characters, and I would recommend this series to anyone who enjoys a good crime to solve.

View all my reviews

No comments: