Friday, August 20, 2021

Review: The Wolf and the Woodsman

The Wolf and the Woodsman The Wolf and the Woodsman by Ava Reid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were compelling and the story was original and hard to put down. The journey of Evike really drew me in, and once she and Gaspar realized they had similar goals the story tightened up and became truly fascinating. The glimpses of influences from real cultures, events, and mythologies were gently woven in and really added to the depth and complexity of the story.
My only issue with the book was when Evike and Gaspar were in the city the story seemed to lose its way and, to me, became a bit confusing and convoluted. When the two characters had a clear and common goal (whether their motivations aligned or not) was when the story was at its best. I would recommend this book and thought it was well-written.

View all my reviews

No comments: