Friday, August 20, 2021

Review: Red Wolf

Red Wolf Red Wolf by Rachel Vincent
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I really tried with this book, but I was just not a fan. I could not figure out the through-line of the main character--what exactly was the journey she was supposed to be on? Once she discovered the secret about the woods and her family, instead of following the advice and instructions of wiser women that had gone before her, she made decisions that did not make much sense. Then when her actions brought her whole village in danger, she again made decisions in direct contradiction to what she had been told that then led to terrible destruction. By the end of the book, I really didn't feel like any of the things the main character had done were justified, and she was just trying to, as they say, slap a bandaid on a bullet hole. I get that she was young and impulsive, but her mistakes were glaringly obvious and she didn't seem to have much remorse for what she was bringing about, especially in the last pages of the story. I wasn't sure what the point of this book was, and really kind of felt like it was a waste of my time to read it.

View all my reviews

No comments: