Thursday, August 19, 2021

Review: Tall, Duke, and Dangerous

Tall, Duke, and Dangerous Tall, Duke, and Dangerous by Megan Frampton
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this. book.
I did not enjoy this book. As far as the action and plot went, it should be fine as a stand alone book. But as far as character development goes, I really felt like I was missing out on who the two main characters were and their motivations. Although towards the beginning of the book it is revealed that the two MC spent very little time together, as soon as they saw each other they were instantly in love. And then all that Nash did was "grunt," and all Ana Maria did was have inner monologues about how oxymoronic she was. It got tiresome. Then there were plot points that just didn't make sense. Nash felt as though he had to completely ignore Ana Maria so he would not be tempted to abuse her. And yet he did not ignore his other friends. Nash's grandmother came and told Nash he HAD to get married so his reprehensible relative wouldn't inherit the title. But I kept thinking, "this guy's still going to be reprehensible, whether he's got a title or not. If he's going around beating people, shouldn't that be the bigger issue...?" And then why would Nash say, "Okay, I'll go find myself a wife," just because his grandmother tells him he should? It was a VERY flimsy plot point that the book seemed to hinge on from the beginning. Speaking of, Ana Maria did quite a few things that would not have been very proper for a lady during that time period, including showing up at Nash's house multiple times alone so he could teach her how to defend herself using hand-to-hand combat. Really? I found myself skimming through pages.
This is not a book I would recommend. It had too many things that just did not gel.

View all my reviews

No comments: