Friday, August 20, 2021

Review: Talk Bookish to Me

Talk Bookish to Me Talk Bookish to Me by Kate Bromley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I enjoyed this book for the most part. But about half-way to 2/3 of the way through, the pacing got very weird. For the most part, I liked the character development, which really says something, as I do not usually like "second-chance" stories in which the characters already have a past. I did feel like their "new" relationship evolved well, though.
As a romance novel, I knew a wrench would be thrown into the relationship of our two main characters, and was not expecting what happened at all--I did not see it coming. But as soon as the big "event" happened, the story felt strange. It was like everything took a hard right turn and I was reading a completely different book. Without giving away any spoilers, I wasn't sure if the one character should even forgive the other one, and a new--very interesting--character was introduced who I felt I really wanted to know much more about.
The last portion of this book was kind of a let-down, as it didn't feel coherent or organic. Due to that, I am taking off a star from my rating. The book was good, but could have been much better.

View all my reviews

No comments: