Thursday, August 19, 2021

Review: The Push

The Push The Push by Claire McGowan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I enjoyed this book about the fatal fall of an attendee of a summer barbecue, and the mysterious circumstances surrounding it. Was this person pushed? The themes of this book are tied up in motherhood and pregnancy, and women's struggles with these matters. While this story unfolds, it follows the members of a group for pregnant parents, their "celebratory" barbecue just after the projected births of their children, and the police who investigate whatever crime may have been committed during this time. This book had quite a few twists, many of which were easily deduced by the reader. I have read several reviews that list this as a fault of the book, but I feel that surely the author meant for the reader to figure out what was going on much before the characters in the book did. As the story moved to its end, I feel like the conclusion tied up the loose ends and was very satisfactory.

View all my reviews

No comments: