Thursday, August 19, 2021

Review: An Unexpected Earl

An Unexpected Earl An Unexpected Earl by Anna Harrington
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I just could not get into this book. I usually do not like books in which the hero and heroine already have a past together, and this book really reinforced my feelings about books like this. We were **told** over and over about how much the two characters cared for each other in the past, how much time they spent together, and how much they depended on each other. And it really felt like the author depended on this fact to build the characters' relationship with each other--which meant it was not BUILT at all. One of the biggest components of a romance novel is the development and growth of their relationship; this book was completely lacking in this. All of the talk of how much the two meant to each other years ago also made it hard to understand how they could let so much time go by without trying to get in touch with each other. Once the two did make contact again, the obstacles thrown in their path seemed incredibly flimsy. And I was able to figure out the "twist" very early on. I would not recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: