Friday, August 20, 2021

Review: A Peculiar Combination

A Peculiar Combination A Peculiar Combination by Ashley Weaver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
A Peculiar Combination is a bit of a peculiar book. It really took me several chapters to really get into the story and feel like I had a handle on the characters. I really thought about not finishing it, but after reading several positive reviews I decided to keep going, and I am glad that I did. Once I really kind of figured Ellie out I began to enjoy her and root for her. The way she and her uncle were pulled into espionage slightly against their will was intriguing and fun. I really enjoyed the burgeoning, and very reluctant, relationship between Ellie and Major Ramsey.
This was a light, quick, easy read (after getting through the first few chapters) and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a cozy period mystery. I would definitely read the next installment.

View all my reviews

No comments: