Friday, August 20, 2021

Review: The Duke Goes Down

The Duke Goes Down The Duke Goes Down by Sophie Jordan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I was not a fan of this book. The pacing was strange, with flashbacks all over this place. It interrupted the action for me and I felt it would have made much more sense, and helped to develop the characters and their relationship better, if things had been related in a more chronological manner. That being said, the character development left a lot to be desired. I didn't like either of the characters. Perry was a vapid jerk and Imogen was very petty. Then the geography kept throwing me off. Was Shropshire supposed to be a town, or the actual county? I got very confused. I wanted this to be an interesting book with fun characters--which it could have been--but it was not.

View all my reviews

No comments: