Thursday, August 19, 2021

Review: The Perfect Couple

The Perfect Couple The Perfect Couple by Lisa Hall
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
This was a quick read, and it did keep me interested, but once I got to the last part of the book, the story kind of fizzled for me. The author did a good job of ratcheting up the tension and suspense, and I had no idea what was going to happen next. I knew someone was harassing Emily, but I had no idea who exactly it was--her new husband, Rupert; her old flat-mate, one of her new "best friends;" her ex-boyfriend, or even her new husband's supposedly dead wife. Once I did figure out what was happening, I was eagerly awaiting the exciting climax and conclusion, but all I got was a "twist" that, while I wasn't expecting it, didn't really seem to fit in with the rest of the book. I didn't think, "What! Oh my goodness! Oh yeah--it makes sense now!" I instead thought to myself, "Oh. Really...hmmm. Ok."
I would probably recommend this book, but don't expect it to knock your socks off. It's just a fun quick read.

View all my reviews

No comments: