Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Review: The Shadow in the Glass

The Shadow in the Glass The Shadow in the Glass by J.J.A. Harwood
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
This book sounded amazing and I was excited to read it, but I just didn't like it. In this very loose retelling of Cinderella, Ella finds herself the recipient of 7 wishes. She also realizes each wish granted comes with a price. The story follows Ella through her life and her relationships, and as time goes on the reader begins to wonder if Ella is willing to pay the ultimate price to have all her wishes granted.
While the story started off quite promising, it was soon bogged down in dreary repetitive descriptions. And as time went on Ella became less and less sympathetic, as did most of the characters in the book. The ending was unsatisfying and disappointing. I would not recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: