Thursday, January 13, 2022

Review: Ready or Not

Ready or Not Ready or Not by Alex Lake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I am definitely rounding up on this book. It was a fast, thrilling read, and I enjoyed trying to figure out who was killing random people and threatening young journalist and mother Alice. But this book also had some serious issues.
The story line of the emotionless serial killer was tense and engrossing. I was drawn in to wondering who exactly was responsible for the murders. The impending threat to the health and safety of infant Jo was also quite gripping. It seemed as though everyone in her life loved her dearly, so who was hurting her?
But right in the middle of the book, **spoiler alert** when the serial killer left another note for Alice at her home, I began to have issues with the story, however. Why did no one question how the note got INSIDE the house?! At this point I had kind of guessed the real identity of Alice, and so I kept wondering why the police were not asking the OBVIOUS question. I did still however enjoy watching the plot unfold, even though what should have been a tense climax was a bit drawn out and the ending left me a bit unsatisfied.
This was not a fabulous suspense thriller, but it was a good read that I definitely had a hard time putting down.

View all my reviews

No comments: