Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Review: Just Like the Other Girls

Just Like the Other Girls Just Like the Other Girls by Claire Douglas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
This was a mystery that kept me interested and turning the pages. Una takes a job as a live-in companion and carer for a wealthy elderly woman and soon discovers that the young women who held her job previously all died under slightly mysterious circumstances. Not only that, but the other girls both bore a striking resemblance to Una. Now, as strange things start happening and Una begins to feel like secrets are being kept from her, she wonders if she might be in danger herself. Why do young girls keep disappearing from the grand old house?
This was definitely a page-turner for me, and I really had no idea who could be behind everything going on--I did have a suspicion that turned out to be correct, but there were several very well-done red herrings, so I was never really certain. I was not quite sure what to think when I got to Part II--if you know, you know! Some may love it and some may hate it. I am STILL not sure what I think about it, but, that being said, I did really enjoy the book.
The characters were well-developed and the plot was well-paced. I would recommend this one if you enjoy a good mystery.

View all my reviews

No comments: