Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Review: The Ex-Husband

The Ex-Husband The Ex-Husband by Karen Hamilton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I enjoyed this book. This story of a former con artist who fears her past may be about to catch up with her as she works on a luxury yacht in the Caribbean was a fast, fun, thrilling read.
Charlotte was a great character and learning about her shady past while watching her try to figure out who is threatening her in the present made this a book that was hard to put down. The lush setting of an extravagant yacht full of people for whom money is no object really transported me to the white sandy beaches and turquoise waters of the Caribbean. As the story unfolded and Charlotte struggled to uncover the identity of who exactly was after her while trying to find a way out of her tense situation, I was sucked into the book and couldn't wait to see what would happen next. The ending was perfect.
This would be a wonderful book to read if you are tired of the cold winter weather and want to be transported to a tropical paradise where no expense is spared, but danger is most likely waiting in the wings. It was quick, extravagant, soapy, and full of suspense. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys mysteries and thrillers.


View all my reviews

No comments: