Thursday, July 30, 2020

The Awakening (The Dragon Heart Legacy: #1)

The Awakening (The Dragon Heart Legacy, #1)The Awakening by Nora Roberts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I was really looking forward to this book, but it just didn't do it for me. The plot followed the formula of countless YA fantasies I've read, so I was a bit skeptical. But I did really enjoy the first part of the book--probably because this is NOT a YA fantasy. The characters were mature, well-developed, interesting and fun to read about. I also enjoyed reading about Breen and Marco's vacation in Ireland. Once Breen was on her own, however, the story started to lose steam for me. When she met her family and traveled to her true home, I just found Breen to lose her relatability. I kind of felt like she was reverting to her previous tendency to let people tell her who she was and who she should be. I realized I didn't much care about Breen or her story anymore. I'm not sure I would recommend this one.


View all my reviews

No comments: