Thursday, April 11, 2019

The Living God (The Living God: #1)

The Living God (The Living God, #1)The Living God by Kaytalin   Platt
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I tried with this one. I really did. The cover is gorgeous. But as soon as I started reading, I was confused, more confused, and then disappointed.
Saran is a princess and a mage, and is seeking to overthrow her tyrannical father along with the help of her true love Keleir, who happens to be possessed by a demon. The two must keep their love a secret, along with their plans to lead a revolt.
It sounds like a promising and exciting story. But just a few pages in I felt like I was missing something, The farther I got in the book the more I felt like I had missed important backstory, to the point where I double-checked to make sure this was not the second installment of a series. It just seemed like A LOT of important things happened in the past, and instead of characters just referring to those things, the reader should have experienced them along with the characters. The literal world-jumping was a bit of a shock, too, and instead of adding to the story it just took me right out of it.
This book was just not for me. I would not recommend it.


View all my reviews

No comments: