Sunday, June 26, 2022

Review: The Second Husband

The Second Husband The Second Husband by Kate White
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received and ARC of this book.
I was very confused by my review copy and I will go back and change my rating if the review copy changes before publication., but..
But I did not enjoy this book. I had multiple issues with it, from the main character Emma, to the lack of tension or suspense, to the flimsy issue that the whole plot was based on. But I will not go into all of that because the last two sentences of the book literally made no sense--to the point where I think there was something wrong with my review copy. The book had no ending at all and the ending that was included sounded like two sentences had been copied from somewhere else in the book and jus stuck on.
As it is, I would not recommend this book, despite the fact that I really enjoyed the author's previous work, The Fiancee.

View all my reviews

No comments: