Friday, June 17, 2022

Review: The Drowning Sea

The Drowning Sea The Drowning Sea by Sarah Stewart Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read an ARC of this book.
I am rounding up a bit on this one. It was a good book, but not a great book. I read the first book in this series and was completely blown away by how much I loved it. But this installment left me a bit disappointed. It was slow, there was very little character development, and the various mysterious happenings in the story felt disjointed. If you have not read the previous books in the series you might feel as though you are missing key facts, as well. Having said all that, if I had not absolutely LOVED the first book in the series I may not have been expecting so much out of this book and I might have liked it better. If you are looking for a slow-paced mystery set in a cottage on the Irish sea-side, then you might want to check this out.

View all my reviews

No comments: